Microorganisms Blog 7



Dear Learners,

Holiday homework will be published on blog today in zero period. You all are required to keep the note of all assignments.



CBSE Class 9 Science chapter notes: Natural Resources

What you see above is the nitrogen cycle. You have been introduced to the water cycle in the previous classes. What goes around comes around!!!

Good morning and welcome to another interesting day in the world of microbes.

We know that the atmosphere is made up of 78% nitrogen. However, we are unable to obtain this nitrogen that is required for our growth directly from the atmosphere. In this video we will see how plants obtain nitrogen from the atmosphere and thereafter how do we obtain this nutrition from plants.


I hope you have understood how nitrogen is fixed by natural processes

Last year you did come across symbiotic bacteria. They live in the small swellings found on the roots of leguminous plants like groundnut. These bacteria convert atmospheric nitrogen into nitrates which are absorbed by the bacteria and provided to the plants for their growth.

When plants and animals decay, the decomposers help to break down the complex molecules and nitrogen is released in this process.

We have also seen in the video that when lightning strikes, the tremendous energy is used to break down the stable nitrogen molecule. When this nitrogen reacts with oxygen it forms nitric acid which is washed down with rain water. Here it reacts with limestone to form nitrates which are absorbed by the plants.

Manures also provide nitrogenous compounds required for the growth of plants. Plants grown using such natural fertilizers are said to be organically grown.

ARTIFICIAL FIXATION OF NITROGEN

 Fertilizers are also a source of nitrogen to the soil . Ammonium nitrate, urea etc are manufactured in factories to provide nitrogenous compounds to the plant and increase soil fertility.

Excess use of fertilizers is not desirable. Could you find the reason for this??

Terms to remember:
nitrifying bacteria - converts atmospheric nitrogen into nitrogenous compounds.
denitrifying bacteria - breaks down complex nitrogenous compounds into nitrogen that escapes into the atmosphere.

NITROGEN DIOXIDE                            AMMONIA                   
No2 Icon Nitrogen Dioxide Formula Symbol Stock Vector (Royalty ...                      Ammonia solution, 0.4 M in THF | NH3 | Sigma-Aldrich

                                                                                          AMMONIUM ION
Nitrates can kill fish                                     Ammonium - Wikipedia

I'm sure you must have been amazed at the role of simple bacteria in our lives. If it weren't for that humble microscopic bacteria present in air, water and soil the process of decomposition or rotting of substances wouldn't have taken place. Our planet would have been one garbage dump covered with dead organisms!!!



Comments

  1. Good Morning Sir
    I am Cyril Martin Roll No. 20

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Boys,
    Good Morning......................

    Your Summer Vacation are starting from today. Enjoy your holidays but at the same time do not forget your study pattern. All the best!!!!!!!!!!!

    Love to meet to you all after vacation.

    I will publish one more blog of Question and Answers so that it can be completed in your science note book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning sir I am Yash
    Roll no 39

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning sir 👋 I am Alan Roy roll no 28

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning sir I am Avi Surana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning sir I am Aditya sagar roll no 30

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning sir
    I am Nishant Lal

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Morning Sir
    I am Aaryan Saini

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Morning Sir,
    I Am Maulik Jain
    Class 8-E
    Roll no 13

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning sir
    I am Navye Malhotra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning sir Aditya Singh 8E here

    36

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning sir
    Justin Russell here

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good Morning ma'am
    I am Tanish Aggarwal
    8-E

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good Morning ma'am
    I am Aryan Puri
    8-E

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good morning ma'am, Manvendra here.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good morning sir , I am Lakshay Chandel

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good morning sir
    I am ARSH NATH
    Roll no 23
    CLass 8E

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good morning sir I am Christo Sakariyas

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good morning Sir,
    I am Anirudh Trivedi

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good morning My name is Shaun Steni 8 E roll no 44
    Sir could u pls also tell us on whatsapp when u put up the blog with QandA

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good morning sir.
    Remthanglien Aomar Varte here.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good morning sir I am chirag

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sir have we completed this chapter??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  24. Good morning sir I am Aman Shekhar

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good morning Sir I am vishesh k Mathur

    ReplyDelete
  26. Good morning sir I am Dakshesh

    ReplyDelete
  27. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Good morning sir I am Evaan Dayal

    ReplyDelete
  29. Good morning sir, I am Shreyansh Agarwal

    ReplyDelete
  30. Good morning sir I am allen sushil

    ReplyDelete
  31. Loan Opportunity Offered By Mr, Benjamin That Save My Family From Financial Bondage {  247officedept@gmail.com  }

    Hello Everyone, I am Putri Adiratnaa single mom from Jakarta, I would like to share this great testimony on how I got a loan from Mr, Benjamin, when we were driven out of our home when I couldn't pay my bills anymore, After being scammed by various companies online and denied a loan from my bank and some other credit union I visited. My children were taken by the foster care, I was all alone in the street. The day i shamefully walked into an old school mate who introduced me to Daisy Maureen. At first I told her that I am not ready to take any risk of requesting a loan online anymore, but she assured me that I will receive my loan from them. On a second thought, due to my homelessness I had to take a trial and applied for the loan, luckily for me I received a loan of $80,000.00 from Mr, Benjamin. I'm happy I took the risk and applied for the loan. My kids have been given back to me and now I own a home and a business of my own. All thanks and gratitude goes to  the help of Mr, Benjamin for giving me a meaning to life when i had lost all hope. If you currently seeking for a loan assistance, you can contact them via: {247officedept@gmail.com    WhatsApp +1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Force and Pressure- Blog 4

Light Blog 1

Force and Pressure- Blog 3