Light Blog 1

CLASS 8 CHAPTER 16
Light
Day 1

“If you are the light, you cast away the darkness.” ManHee Lee😊 

Dear Learners,

Happy Learning!😊

At the end of today topic, you will be able to:
1. Define Light.
2. Tell Reflection of Light and terms related to it.
3. Explain the laws of reflection.
4. Justify the laws of reflection.

Important Instruction: 

1. Make the new entry of the chapter in your index.
2. Start the chapter from fresh page. 
3. Copy new terms given at the start of chapter need to copied in your notebook.
4. Text written in red need to READ very carefully.
5. Diagram need to be drawn with pencil. It should be well labelled.

Lets begin, the topic of today............

But, actually we start our chapter, click on the link below for an introduction to LIGHT.


We see a variety of objects in the world around us. However, we are unable to see anything in a dark room. On lighting up the room things become visible. 

What makes things visible???

During the day, the sunlight helps us to see object. An object reflects light that falls on it. This reflected light is received by our eyes enables us to see. 

Light is a form of energy that enable us to see. We are clear that we can see the luminous bodies even in the dark because they emit light whereas the non-luminous bodies cannot be seen in dark. 

Luminous and Non-luminous Objects:


Here, we need to understand that when light falls on an object or any surface, it may pass through it, it may get absorbed by it or it may bounce back after striking the object or surface.

A highly polished surface, such as a mirror, reflects most of the light falling on it. This is called as reflection of light.

Reflection of Light: Bouncing back of light rays after hitting any surface is called reflection of light

Light is known to behave in a very predictable manner. If a ray of light could be observed approaching and reflecting off of a flat mirror, then the behavior of the light as it reflects would follow a predictable law known as the law of reflection

Laws of Reflection:

Law 1: The angle of incidence is equal to the angle of reflection. (∠i = ∠r)
Law 2: The incident ray, the reflected ray and the normal lies on the same plane.


(Draw the diagaram)

Link for Laws of Reflection: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFgSHRCRa6k

We should also need to know certain terms related to reflection of light.

1. Incident ray of light: The ray of light which falls on an object is called Incident ray of light.

2. Reflected ray of light: The ray of light which gets bounced back or reflected from the surface of an object is called reflected ray of light.

3. Angle of incidence: The angle between the incident ray and the normal at the point of incidence is  called angle of incidence ∠i.

4. Angle of reflection: The angle between the reflected ray and the normal is called angle of reflection ∠r.

Experimental Proof for Law of Reflection: 


I hope you now have the clear understanding about light and laws of reflection. Click on the following link for more details.



Home Assignment:
1. Read page no 247, 248, 249

ASSET QUESTIONS

2. Consider the diagram below. Which one of the angles (A, B, C, or D) is the angle of incidence? ______ Which one of the angles is the angle of reflection? ______
3.  A ray of light is incident towards a plane mirror at an angle of 30-degrees with the mirror surface. What will be the angle of reflection?






Comments

  1. Good morning sir, Manvendra here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning sir, aditya singh here
    roll no.36

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Sir,
    I Am Maulik Jain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning ma'am,
    I am Anirudh Trivedi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Sir,
    I'm Samrath Singh
    8-E
    R.N. 38

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning sir I am Aman Shekhar

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning sir I am Shaun Steni 8 E roll no 44

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning sir I am Alan Roy roll no:28

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning sir ,
    I am Lakshay Chandel
    R no. 7

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning sir I am Aditya sagar 8E roll no 30

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Morning sir I am Avi Surana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning sir I am chirag of class 8E

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning sir I am Christo Sakariyas

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning sir I am Evaan Dayal of 8E RN 9

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good morning sir. I am N.Rakalo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good morning sir. I am Nishant Lal

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good morning sir I am Pall Anand. Roll No.6

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good Morning Sir,
    Aryan Puri here!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good morning sir Arnav Daga here

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good morning sir.
    Remthanglien Aomar Varte here.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good morning sir
    I am ARSH NATH
    Roll no.- 23

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good morning sir I am
    Pranav Singh roll no 37

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good morning sir, I am Shreyansh Agarwal

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good morning ma'am I am seerat pal singh 8E

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good morning sir I am Ayush Jain 8e

    ReplyDelete
  26. Good morning sir . I am Taksh Singhal

    ReplyDelete
  27. Good Morning Sir
    I am Tanish Aggarwal
    8-E

    ReplyDelete
  28. Good Morning Sir, I am Justin Russell.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Good Morning sir,
    I am Keshav Verma roll no.50

    ReplyDelete
  31. Good Morning Sir,

    My name is Vedant Kumar

    ReplyDelete
  32. Good morning sir. I am Falit Mittal.
    Roll no. 22.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Good morning sir
    I am Aarnav sareen

    ReplyDelete
  34. Good morning sir, I am NAMAN kalra

    ReplyDelete
  35. Good morning sir I am Christopher Amsan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Force and Pressure- Blog 4

Force and Pressure- Blog 3