Microorganisms Blog 6

GOOD MORNING TO ALL OF YOU
                                                                                                                                     
LET'S BEGIN TODAY WITH A SHORT RECAP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYf_Sl8W3qY    ,


Today we are going to talk about 
FOOD PRESERVATION

We preserve food to:     

  • decrease the wastage of food
  • increase the shelf-life of perishable (that gets spoilt easily) food materials. 
  • to make food available to people in distant and remote places.
  • to ensure availability of out of season food materials.
In our houses we have seen common methods of food preservation like:

  • boiling of milk
  • salting of fish
  • using oil and vinegar for making pickles to make it last for a long period of time.
  • using the freezer and refrigerator to store food to last longer
  • drying of certain foodstuffs to be used at a later date
In all the above methods, we can observe that strong concentrations of salt, sugar, low and high temperatures,oil and lack of moisture prevent the multiplication of microbes thus preventing the quick spoilage of food.

Vacuum packaging or flushing the packets with nitrogen (like your chips packets) ensures that the microbes do not get oxygen to survive, thereby helping to prevent spoilage of food.

Chemical preservatives like Sodium benzoate and potassium metabisulphite are commonly used to preserve perishable foodstuffs for moderate periods of time.

This video brings to you the different methods of preservation

This alternate video discusses the same at a slightly slower pace for students who found the earlier video difficult to follow.

You will now be able to answer questions like:
  1. What are the advantages of food preservation?
  2. Which are the two commonly used chemicals to prevent spoilage of food?
  3. How does vacuum packaging prevent spoilage of food?
  4. Name any three ways used at home to prevent spoilage of food.
  5. From the video clipping you have seen, define pasteurization.
Did you know that there are certain animals that store their food in a very creative manner. For those students who are curious to find out more, here is a video for you to enjoy.


Grocery store items people aren't buying — and what you shouldFood Preservation Stock Photos And Images - 123RF      What is pasteurization, and how does it keep milk fresh for 9 ...



Cactus, Pickled Cucumber, Giardiniera, Pickling, Dill, Food, Half ...   



                 SEE YOU TOMORROW         😈                                  

Comments

  1. Good morning sir I am Alan Roy roll no 28

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning sir I am Yash
    Roll no 39

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning sir I am Aditya sagar 8E roll no 30

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Sir
    I am Aaryan Saini

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning sir,
    I am Anirudh Trivedi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning sir I am Aditya singh 8E roll no 36

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning Sir,
    Aryan Puri here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning sir I am chirag

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning sir , I am Lakshay Chandel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Morning Sir,
    I Am Maulik Jain
    Class 8-E
    Roll no. 13

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning sir
    I am Nishant Lal

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning sir I am Avi Surana

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning sir I am Aman Shekhar
    Class-8E

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning sir I am Aman Shekhar
    Class-8E

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good morning sir
    I am Navye Malhotra

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good morning sir
    I am ARSH NATH
    Roll no 23
    CLass 8E

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good morning sir.
    Remthanglien Aomar Varte here .

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good morning sir I am Dakshesh

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good morning sir . I am Taksh Singhal

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good Morning Sir,
    I am Samrath Singh

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good morning sir, Manvendra here.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good morning sir, I am Pall Anand
    8E
    Roll No.6

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good morning My name is Shaun Steni 8 E roll no 44

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sir Anything to be written from today's blog ??

    Or u will send the pics of the work later on..

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good morning sir
    I am Cyril Martin
    Class 8-E

    ReplyDelete
  26. Good morning sir, I am Shreyansh Agarwal

    ReplyDelete
  27. Good morning sir I am Pranav Singh roll no 37

    ReplyDelete
  28. Good morning ma'am I am seerat pal singh 8E roll no 41

    ReplyDelete
  29. Good morning sir I am Evaan Dayal

    ReplyDelete
  30. Good morning sir I am Ayush Jain
    CLASS 8E
    Roll no.12

    ReplyDelete
  31. Good morning sir I am allen sushil

    ReplyDelete
  32. good morning sir
    i am Keshav Verma roll no50

    ReplyDelete
  33. Good morning sir. Justin Russell here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Force and Pressure- Blog 4

Light Blog 1

Force and Pressure- Blog 3