Light Blog 3

CLASS 8 CHAPTER 16
Light
Day 3


Dear Learners,

In the previous blog, we have learned about light and reflection of light. Let me help you to recall few important points

1. Regular and Irregular reflection.

2. Real and Virtual Image.


Today, we will be learning about Characteristic of image by a plane mirror and Ray diagram for the formation of image by a plane mirror.


Happy Learning!😊

At the end of it, you will be able to:
1. tell the characteristic of image formed by plane mirror.
2. explain ray diagram for the formation of image by a plane mirror.
3. draw the ray diagram for the formation of image by a plane mirror.

But, before we start the chapter you all should read page no 252, 253 of your text book. By doing this, it will be easier for you all understand the topic well.

So, lets start the topic.........

(A) RAY DIAGRAM FOR THE FORMATION OF IMAGE BY PLANE MIRROR

To construct a ray diagram for the formation of an image follow the rules:

1. A ray of light falling on a plane mirror at 90° (perpendicular) gets reflected back from the mirror by the same path.

2. A ray of light falling on a plane mirror at any angle gets reflected from the mirror such that the angle of incidence is equal to the angle of reflection.


(Draw the diagram and also that is given in your book page 252)


(B) IMAGE OF A POINT OBJECT IN A PLANE MIRROR

1. Let us consider a point object O placed in front of a plane mirror MM'.
2. We consider two rays of light OA and OB falling on the mirror at points A and B.
3. The rays rays after reflection, get reflected along AC and BD.
4. The reflected rays appear to come from point I. 
5. The point I is the image of point object O.


(Draw the diagram, you can refer to page 253 of your text book)

(C) IMAGE OF AN EXTENDED OBJECT IN A PLANE MIRROR
1. Let us consider an object OO' placed in front of a mirror MM'.
2. Rays OA, OB start from the top of the object get reflected after striking the mirror. 
3. The reflected rays AE and BF appear to come from the point I. The point I is the image of the top of the object.
4. Rays O'C and O'D start from the lowest point of the candle get reflected after striking the mirror.
5. The reflected rays, CG and DH appear to come from point I'. The point I' is the image of the foot of the candle.
6. The II' is the image of the object OO'. 




From this diagram, we can conclude that-
The image in a plane mirror is (i) virtual, (ii) of the same size as the object,   (iii) laterally inverted, (iv) as far behind the mirror as the object is in front.

i hope the part that we have discussed above is clear to you all. Now let us move to next topic.


Home Assignment
1. Read page no 252, 253, 254.
2. Do MCQ's A-1,A-2,One word B-1,B-2 given on page 263 in your note book.




Comments

  1. Good morning sir
    I am ARSH NATH
    ROLL NO 23
    CLASS 8E

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning sir I am Aman Shekhar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good mornong sir. Manvendra here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning My name is Shaun Steni 8 E roll no 44

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Sir,
    I'm Samrath Singh of 8-E

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Sir,
    I Am Maulik Jain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning sir I am Ayush Jain 8e

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning sir ,
    I am Lakshay Chandel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning sir I am Alan Roy roll no 28

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning sir I am Aditya sagar 8E roll no 30

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Morning Sir I am Avi Surana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning sir I am Christo Sakariyas

    ReplyDelete
  13. good morning sir,
    I am Anirudh Trivedi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning sir. I am N.Rakalo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good morning sir. I am Nishant Lal

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good Morning Sir,
    Aryan Puri here!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sir, do we have to write the part which is written in red?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good morning sir
    I am ARSH NATH 8E
    Roll no 23

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good morning sir I am Pall Anand
    Roll No.6

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good morning sir I'm Aditya Singh
    36

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good morning sir.I am chirag of class 8E

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good morning Sir, I am Vedant Kumar

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good morning sir I am
    Pranav Singh roll no 37

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good Morning sir
    I am Navye Malhotra

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good morning sir.
    Remthanglien Aomar Varte here!

    ReplyDelete
  26. good morning ma'am I am rudra sethi

    ReplyDelete
  27. Good morning sir
    Arnav Daga here

    ReplyDelete
  28. Good morning sir I am Evaan Dayal

    ReplyDelete
  29. Good morning sir, I am Shreyansh Agarwal

    ReplyDelete
  30. Good morning sir Arnav Daga here

    ReplyDelete
  31. Good morning ma'am I am seerat pal singh 8E

    ReplyDelete
  32. Good morning sir. I am Falit Mittal.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Good Morning Sir, I am Justin Russell

    ReplyDelete
  34. Good Morning sir,
    I am Keshav Verma roll no.50

    ReplyDelete
  35. good morning sir
    I am Tanish Aggarwal

    ReplyDelete
  36. Good morning sir
    I am Aarnav Sareen

    ReplyDelete
  37. Good morning sir I am Christopher Amsan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Force and Pressure- Blog 4

Light Blog 1

Force and Pressure- Blog 3