Light Blog 2



CLASS 8 CHAPTER 16
Light
Day 2


Dear Learners,

In the previous blog, we have learned about light and reflection of light. Let me help you to recall few important points

1. Light is a form of energy that enable us to see.

2. There are two laws of reflections. 

Today, we will be learning about regular and irregular reflection, real and virtual images.


Happy Learning!😊

At the end of it, you will be able to:
1. Differentiate between regular and irregular reflection.
2. Differentiate between real and virtual image.


so, lets start the chapter.........

When a ray of light falls on a reflecting surface, it get reflected. the amount and the direction of the light reflected depends on the nature of the surface. Depending upon the nature of the reflecting surface, there are two types of reflections.


REGULAR AND IRREGULAR REFLECTION:

Regular Reflection: When a ray of light falls on a smooth reflecting surface e.g. a mirror, it gets reflected along a particular direction. A smooth surface gives a sharp and clear image. Reflection of light from a smooth mirror is called regular reflection.


Irregular Reflection: When light rays fall on an irregular or rough reflecting surface, they get reflected in different directions. In irregular reflection, the reflected light falls over a larger area and the image formed is not sharp and clear. This type of reflection is called irregular or diffused reflection.

(Draw this diagram)

You must have observed that, you see your clear image in mirror whereas blurred image on paper or on wall or on water because reflection of light from a wall, a paper and many other common objects is irregular or diffused reflection whereas reflection of light from a mirror is regular reflection.

Now let us move next topic........

I hope you all have seen yourself in mirror and you all must have visited malls to see a film. Do you know there is difference in the image formation in both. Let us study that.


REAL AND VIRTUAL IMAGES

Real Images: When the rays of light after getting reflected from a mirror actually meet at a point, a real image is formed. A real image can be obtained on screen. The image which can be obtained on a screen is called a real image. A concave mirror gives a real image if the object is placed at its focal point or beyond.


Virtual Image: When the rays of light after getting reflected from a mirror appear to meet at a point, a virtual image is formed. Image can be seen through a mirror but cannot be obtained on a screen. The image which can be seen only into a mirror but cannot be obtained on a screen is called a virtual image.


I hope you all have clear idea about regular and irregular reflection, real and virtual image, characteristic of image formed by plane mirror.

Home Assignment
1. Read Page no 250, 251, 
2. Draw the diagram.



Comments

  1. Good morning sir
    I am ARSH NATH
    ROLL NO 23
    CLASS 8E

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning sir, Manvendra here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Sir,
    I'm Samrath Singh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Sir,
    I am Aaryan Saini
    roll no 31

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning sir I am Aman Shekhar

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning sir My name is Shaun Steni 8 E roll no

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning sir I am Alan Roy roll no 28

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Morning Sir,
    I Am Maulik Jain

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Morning Sir I am Avi Surana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning ma'am I am Christo Sakariyas

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning sir I am Aditya sagar 8E roll no 30




    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning sir . I am Taksh Singhal

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning sir. I am N.Rakalo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning sir My name is ADITYA SINGH
    roll no.8

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good morning sir I am Pall Anand
    Roll No.6

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good morning sir. I am Nishant Lal.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good morning sir ,
    I am LAKSHAY CHANDEL
    8E , R no. 7

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good morning sir.I am chirag of class 8E

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good morning sir I am
    Pranav Singh roll no 37

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good morning Sir I am Evaan Dayal

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good Morning sir
    I am Navye Malhotra

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good Morning Sir,
    Aryan Puri here!


    Sir what do we have to write in our notebooks?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good morning sir!
    Remthanglien Aomar Varte here.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good Morning Sir
    I am Tanish Aggarwal
    8-E

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good morning sir
    Arnav Daga here

    ReplyDelete
  26. Good morning ma'am I am seerat pal 68E

    ReplyDelete
  27. good morning sir I am Rudra sethi

    ReplyDelete
  28. Good morning sir I am Ayush Jain 8e roll no 12

    ReplyDelete
  29. Good Morning sir,
    I am Keshav Verma roll no.50

    ReplyDelete
  30. Good Morning Sir, I am Justin Russell.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Good morning sir. I am Falit Mittal.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Good morning sir i am Christopher Amsan

    ReplyDelete
  33. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Good morning sir
    I am Aarnav sareen

    ReplyDelete
  35. Good morning Sir I am vishesh

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Force and Pressure- Blog 4

Light Blog 1

Force and Pressure- Blog 3